Through our Health Screening we aim to facilitate individuals to take charge of their health, making positive changes to improve, maintain and optimize well being.
The purpose of your health assessment is to:
- Identify your high risk factors and identify early signs of disease.
- Use our medical expertise to deal with any urgent health issues or concerns,
- Educate you about your risk factors for major, preventable diseases,
- Help you implement a program to avoid developing a preventable disease or becoming a high-risk individual.
On arrival you will be seen by one of our experienced female doctors who are specialized in the area of Women’s Health. They will take your medical history and proceed with detailed clinical examination.
Our program includes the following tests and the whole process will take over one hour.
- Weight, Height, -BMI, Waist circumference
- Body Mass Index
- *Blood tests
- Respiratory function
- Blood pressure measurement
- Vision & hearing test
- Full Physical Examination : Central Nervous system , Locomotor, Abdominal, Rectal, Respiratory, Cardiac, Skin, Ear Nose and Throat .
- Clinical Examination of Breast with self instruction
- Pelvic Examination
- Cervical Smear
- Cardiovascular Risk Assessment
- Psychological assessment
- Full diet and exercise review with tailored advice
- Detailed review of blood tests including
Full blood count, lipid (cholesterol profile), fasting blood glucose (diabetes) , Liver profile, Iron stores and levels, Calcium levels, Inflammatory markers, Vitamin B12 and Folate levels, Hormonal profile.
Additional Investigations may be included to tailor the Well Woman Medical to your needs
- DEXA – Bone Density Scan
- Resting ECG ( electrocardiogram) ( link to page)
- 24 hour Blood Pressure monitor
- 24 hour Holter monitor
Please ‘click’ on these options to see if you would be advised to avail of these tests.
Detailed Report inclusive of blood results will be given/emailed to patients on request.
*Note: Blood tests are completed 1 week prior to the health screen so that results are to hand at the time of the physical examination.
For further information about any of the above tests, or to discuss the medical further, please contact spiddalmedicalcentre@ie or call 091-553135.