Menopause is an important life event for women.
In the past menopause was seen as the threshold of old age. Now, with increases in life expectancy, menopause can be seen as a new beginning for women.
Every woman’s experience of menopause will be different.
What a lot of women don’t know is that menopause can also have a negative impact on women’s overall health. Women’s risks from heart disease, breast cancer and osteoporosis rise after the menopause.
However, simple improvements in lifestyle at this time in a woman’s life can protect women from serious health problems later in life.
A simple health check for all women around the time of menopause can assess risk of developing these and other diseases and develop a personal health plan for the menopause and beyond.
Information and disease modifying steps will enable women to life happier, healthier and longer lives.
Menopause Medical is designed to address the needs of women embracing the menopause
Appointment may be made with one of our experienced female doctors and includes the following comprehensive assessment
- Full detailed history of your symptoms and relevant history
- A breast and pelvic examination
- Cervical smear
- Blood pressure, BMI, urinalysis , waist circumference
- Blood tests: hormonal profile
- Dexa Scan : bone density scan to check for osteoporosis
- Lifestyle and well being advice
- Treatment options will be discussed in detail with structured exercise and diet plan
- HRT, complimentary treatments and other evidence based treatments will be explored.
- Preventative measures with associated menopausal symptoms
Cost: 225 euro ( including DEXA Bone Scan)